2 weeks on, 2 weeks off.
That’s the summer custody arrangement that Momma Bird and her ex have with Yankee Bird and Sister Bird. It’s very hard on Momma Bird to be without her kids for 2 weeks at a time.
There is no difference between being a Biological Dad and a Stepdad, and so when the kids leave to go to their father’s house for 2 weeks, I get more than a little sad myself.
Here are 18 things I will miss over the next 2 weeks
18. Seeing Sister Bird working diligently on her art portfolio for her High School applications.
17. Watching the BBC mini-series Sherlock Holmes on Netflix with Sister Bird. (Seriously, you gotta check this show out).
16. Nightly sand-lot wiffle ball games with Yankee Bird, even though I lost 3 consecutive games by 1 run.
15. Playing hookie from work on a Friday afternoon to beat Yankee Bird at Sand Lot baseball 18-10. 🙂
14. Watching the MLB All-star game and Home Run Derby with Yankee Bird.
13. Swimming in the pool all weekend.
12. Little Bird’s exuberant smile when he sees Sister and Yankee Bird.
11. Enjoying, and being “wowed” by, contestants on America’s Got Talent with Yankee Bird.
10. Playing Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing” as a piano duet with Yankee Bird.
9. Listening to Sister Bird learn to play the violin.
8. Talking Baseball with Little Bird.
7. Playing Monopoly (Star Wars Version…Yankee Bird STILL laughs at my “Give Vassek To Me” joke).
6. A house filled with noisy kids, and not darkened rooms where kids once played.
5. Watching Dr. Who with the kids.
4. After coming home from a day at baseball camp, Yankee Bird running in the front door, into my home office, and telling me everything that happened at camp.
3. Someone else picking up the dog poop in the backyard.
2. The sound of kid’s feet running across the roof.
1. Crazy YouTube videos Yankee Bird finds. (Here’s a favorite).
The good news? The kids will be back in 13 days….then we are off on the 2013 Summer Roadtrip.
Please vote on which of these should be the destination for ou Summer 2013 RoadTrip:
Some other Posts you Might Like: